The Northern & Midland Counties Beagle Club
General Data Protection Regulations, Policy & Procedures.
1. 1. The Northern & Midland Counties Beagle Club
(N.M.C.B.C.) is committed to a policy of protecting the rights and privacy of
individuals. N.M.C.B.C. needs to collect and use different types of Data in
order to carry on our work of managing and providing the services of a breed
club. This personal information must be collected and handled securely.
2. 2. The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) & General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) govern the use of information about peoples personal data. Personal data can be held electronically on PC’s, laptops and mobile devices, in manual file and includes emails, minutes of meetings and photographs.
3. 33. The N.M.C.B.C. will remain the data controller for the information held by N.M.C.B.C. The Officers and Committee are personally responsible for processing and using personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR. The Officers and Committee who have access to personal information, will therefore be expected to read and comply with this policy.
4. 4. The purpose of this policy is to set out N.M.C.B.C’s commitment and procedures for protecting personal data. N.M.C.B.C. regards very importantly the correct treatment of personal information, to ensure a successful club, and to maintain the confidence of those with whom it deals with. N.M.C.B.C. recognises the risks to individuals of identity theft and financial loss due to personal data being lost or stolen.
Lawful Basis for the Collection of Data
5. 5. The lawful basis for the processing of personal data by N.M.C.B.C. is by consent of the individual, clearly given to the N.M.C.B.C. Consent may be in the form of a written agreement at the time of joining or by actively requesting personal data being included by N.M.C.B.C. on its databases.
Applying the Data Protection Act within N.M.C.B.C.
6. 6. N.M.C.B.C. will only collect personal data for the purposes of running the administration of the N.M.C.B.C. It is our responsibility to ensure the data is only used for this purpose. Access to personal information will be limited to the Officers, Committee and those acting with the authority of the Officer and Committee in running events for N.M.C.B.C. Personal data will only be held for as long as to fulfil the obligations of N.M.C.B.C.
7. 7. N.M.C.B.C. does not undertake commercial marketing activities and will not disclose personal data to any third party other than is required to be submitted to The Kennel Club.
8. 8. N.M.C.B.C. is the Data Controller under the Act, and is legally responsible for complying with the Act, which means that it determines what purpose personal information held will be used for. The Officers and Committee will take into account legal requirements and assure that.
a. Collects and uses information fairly;
b. Specifies the purpose for which information is used;
c. Collects and process as appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil its operating needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
d. Ensures the quality of information used;
e. Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
f. Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information
g. Ensures the rights of people about whom information is held, can be exercised under the Act,
i. The right to be informed that processing is undertaken;
ii. The right of access to one’s personal information;
iii. The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances;
iv. The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as incorrect information;
All the Officers and Committee are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures indentified in this policy may lead to action being taken against them.
Procedures for Handling Data & Data Security
9. 9. The Officers and Committee will ensure that personal data is dealt with properly no matter how it is collected, recorded or used. This applies whether or not the information is held on paper, electronically or by some other means. Personal data relates to data of living individuals who can be identified from that data and use of that data could cause an individual damage or distress. This does not mean that mentioning someone’s name in a document comprises personal data; however, combining various data elements such as person’s name address, telephone number and Email address etc. would be classed as personal data, and falls within the scope of the DPA and GDPR
ThThe N.M.C.B.C’s Data Protection Officer is the Secretary.
ThThe Data Protection Officer will be responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented and is periodically reviewed and amended as required.
Privacy Notice and Consent Policy
10.10. The following privacy notice and consent policy will be used on all membership forms:
The Northern & Midland Counties Beagle Club has a Data Protection Policy and procedures. They are published on the N.M.C.B.C’s website or available from the Secretary on request.
Member’s personal data (name, address, telephone number and KC affixes) are processed on a PC for the purpose of compiling and maintaining N.M.C.B.C’s list of members and for use with N.M.C.B.C’s correspondence with members. The list of members will be supplied to The Kennel Club, but will not be issued or sold to any commercial organisation. In order to comply with The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) signing the membership application form gives explicit consent to member’s personal data being recorded on secure computers, other electronic media or in paper format authorised by N.M.C.B.C.
Membership application forms will be stored securely by the secretary in a electronic or paper form.